P.A.S.S. - Parents, come join us!
PASS stands for:
Mission: To build an inclusive school community that promotes the development of confident global leaders for all students through empowerment by partnership between school families.
The PASS Team is comprised of parents and educators who participate together to promote the success of students. The goal is to engage African-American and Latino parents in ways that strengthen relationships between the school and parent communities.
Meetings are held monthly from 6:00 to 7:00 p.m. in the Collaboration Room. The dates for the 2017-2018 School Year to be announced.
There are five essential P.A.S.S. Team training and community goals:
- Bridging the cultural gap between schools and parents/community members;
- Identifying community resources that can be used to support student's academic success;
- Learning to make community partnerships and parent/teacher relationships constitutive and intentional elements of district/school equity transformation efforts;
- Involving community members in district/school planning and advisory processes; and
- Improving relationships between teachers, parents, and families.
If you have served on this committee in the past, please join us once again. If you are curious as to what the committee is all about, please join us! This committee of school and family leaders is a place to share resources and ideas that will support success for all students.